Andy G’s Favorites
- Bill Walton (Describes the genius of John Wooden in ways only Walton can. Also, I believe this podcast holds the BS Report title for ‘most awkward ending’ when Bill S. asks some question about the late-70’s Blazers breaking up and Bill W. abruptly ends interview. Eds. note: I’m not able to find the direct link to the Walton podcast so I’m posting his general ESPN Audio link, which contains links to many sources of Walton goodness.–AG)
- 3-Man Weave with Mark Stein & Ric Bucher (Simmons loves the Celtics. Stein loves the Mavericks. Bucher loves the Lakers. They rib each other about these allegiances in funny ways, and all three are in touch with the league.)
- Chuck Klosterman (Klosterman could write or speak about tax returns and make them seem interesting. He also knows hoops (though more NCAA than NBA) and his discussions with Simmons on the BS Report are must-listen. One that sticks out is from the week that Charlie Sheen went batshit.
- Jalen Rose (No surprise that BS hired him for HIS OWN podcast on the Grantland Network. He knocked his BS Report out of the park. Lots of good stuff about 90’s NBA and the Fab Five.)
- Steve Kerr (Knows the game, has great stories, and speaks well. He’s a perfect fit for the podcast format.)
Patrick J’s Favorites
- David Kahn (Obviously.)
- Bob Ryan (Breakdown of Pierce as best Celtics scorer of all time–yes, greater than Legend; discussion of how McHale’s greatness is likely to be forgotten)
- Chris Herren (So much Boston here, it warmed my heart just to hear the accent. Also, penetrating discussion of LOYALTY and Rick Pitino. Verification of why Paul Pierce is great.)
- Joe House 2011/12 Season Preview, Part I and Part II(The 2011/12 season preview episodes is funny as hell. House says “Anus Kanter” and I believe he was being earnest about it. That NEVER happens.)
- Larry Bird (Actually, this one was kind of a yawner given that Legend is my all-time favorite basketball player. Bird opines on Rubio (yes, he’s great) and Kobe vs. LeBron (Both are great, Lebron might be more fun to play with, but you’re more likely to win rings if you’re on Kobe’s squad.
Worst B.S. Report
- Blake Griffin (He’s a more stale interview than Derrick Rose. Only sunshine here is that that hearing Simmons pulling teeth to get Griffin to talk was sort of entertaining ‘cause it was almost as hard to listen to as that scene in Swingers where Mikey keeps calling and leaving messages on that chick’s answering machine.)(Eds. note: Who am I forgetting? –PJ)
- (Eds. note: You are forgetting BILLY HUNTER: (ALL listeners were pissed off listening to it (an inherent truth when you cross people who care enough about league to listen to a Billy Hunter interview with outrage of same people from LOCKOUT) and Hunter had nothing interesting to add. I took away no enjoyment from that listen. At least when David Stern comes on, he’s going to piss you off in interesting ways.–AG)