Here’s some stuff I liked, in no particular order (except #1).
- Smoking in the boys room: a history of NBA cigarette smoking.
- Pacers coach Frank Vogel on Mo Williams’ 52 point (!) game: “I was asked by someone who works here did I have nightmares about Mo Williams?” Vogel said after practice. “And my response was: ‘You’d have to be asleep to have nightmares.'”
- Along those lines, an interesting list of the least-likely 50-points-in-a-game scorers. Who isn’t there who should be? Who’s there but shouldn’t be?
- If you were going to build a boy band made up of NBA players, who’d be on it? Hardwood Paroxysm has thought about this.
- The Wolves are one of two NBA teams that currently forgoes the time-honored game day morning shootaround, instead doing an afternoon walk through. Why? Gaming until 3 AM, Flip Saunders says.
- Andrew Wiggins will be in this season’s Slam Dunk contest on All-Star Saturday Night. No other participants have been named yet. Somewhere, Zach LaVine is seething with jealousy.
Since the dunk contest is still a way off, here’s some Wiggins dunkz to pregame to.