We’re t-minus 10 days from the beginning of Timberwolves training camp, and it’s time to begin musing about the upcoming season.
We know the big news from the offseason:
- Flip Saunders is now running the show, with Milt Newton riding shotgun and Bobby Jackson in the mix too. David Kahn is gone.
- Rick Adelman and Nik Pekovic are back.
- Love and Budinger are reportedly healthy. Word on the street is that Love is in shape. If true, this is a very good thing.
- Corey Brewer and Kevin Martin are in.
- Luke Ridnour is gone. So is Andrei Kirilenko. (Mikhail Prokhorov apparently made AK an offer he couldn’t refuse. Can’t really blame him.)
- J.J. Barea’s still here, and as far as I know, he’s also still divorced. Alexey Shved is still here, and as far as I know, he’s still partying. (Eds. Note: I actually don’t know that, I just like to think he is.)
- Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng got drafted.
- AJ Price might come to camp and compete for prime real estate at the end of the Wolves’ bench.
- Ricky Rubio has been bicycling and kayaking through Europe. He took a break recently to play for Spain in Eurobasket.
- Oh, and Derrick Williams still has a pulse. (Eds. Note: That is confirmed based on his tweets, unless someone’s ghost-tweeting from his Twitter. Whether or not he has improved his footwork to a semi-competent level remains unconfirmed.)
All in all, this year’s team has the makings of a good one….(more below the fold)