Tonight was a weird, weird, game. The play was rough and sloppy. The Wolves lost in OT.
A few things:
- Great out of bounds play late in OT – notwithstanding Love’s moving screen – but Luke missed the layup to send the game to 2OT. Gulp.
- Pek got hurt. So did Lawson. This changed everything. You don’t realize how these guys shape the game until they’re gone.
- Corey Brewer got a tech. Andre Miller got ejected. WTF?
- It turned into a grudge match for a long while between Kevin Love and …Kenneth Faried….and this was actually pretty interesting. Faried didn’t back down. He will be a player.
- Beasley and Barea played to their weaknesses. Beasley slightly less so than Barea. But both underwhelmed. If anyone is (should be) playing his way out of the rotation, it’s Barea.
- Al Harrington looked like the second coming of, well, Al Harrington. That includes all the goods and the bads. Cap’n Jack, if you’re out there, you know exactly what I mean.
- Martell sucks. He’s missing the threes he was brought here to make. (But to his credit, he forced a huge turnover by Harrington in #winningtime.) Can we get a decent wing?
- Is Love becoming a volume scorer? Or just being keyed upon by opposing defenses? Is this an insult, however, unintentional? How do we adjust if Pek is out for a few games? Or longer?
It was as gloomy as it sounds. I guess this is what you’re gonna get when both teams are on the second night of a back-to-back preceded by a very emotional game.
Until next time.
(Season record: 16-17)